Probiotics are living micro-organisms. These gut-friendly living bacteria (lactobacillus and Bifidobacterium, primarily), when consumed in an adequate amount, help boost our body's natural microbiome.
Did you know? 70% of our immune system is in our gut?
Probiotic plays a key role within our digestive system by producing compounds that can be converted into energy, promote healthy cholesterol, banish stress and anxiety. Melt excess fat and help eradicate ulcers and even more!
When these probiotics reach the gut, bacterias help to restore the good, and act on by reducing the growth of bad bacteria.
When our gut is healthy and functional it is easy for the body to break down & absorb the nutrients, eliminate waste toxins and bad bacteria with maximum efficiency. So that our body detoxifies itself and functions the way it should.
Probiotics excite the immune system and promote healthy functionality of the gut.
Healthy gut flora plays many roles that are essential for wellness, such as the production of vitamin K and some of the B vitamins.
Probiotics have also been shown to be helpful toward the irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), a very common digestive dysfunction as well as inflammatory bowel diseases, such as Crohn's disease.
They can also help overcome problems, such as bloating.
These are a few health benefits that are observed with the consumption of probiotics:
- IMMUNE FUNCTION: Probiotic strains are seen to enhance the immunity of our body by reducing the risk of infections(like the common cold) and strengthening the body's core.
- SKIN HEALTH: Several studies show that probiotics can be beneficial for acne, eczema and several other skin disorders.
- INFLAMMATION: Researches tell us how the addition of probiotics in our diet reduces systematic inflammation.
- MENTAL HEALTH: Studies link gut health to mood and mental health. Many pieces of research show the use of probiotics, for the treatment of stress, depression, and anxiety.
- WEIGHT MANAGEMENT: Studies suggest that the intake of probiotics may help us lose weight through many mechanisms.
- Other benefits: Probiotics may help with Eczema in children, urinary tract infections, treating ulcers and stomach cancer, etc).